Monday, December 22, 2008

Guess who turned 1 on Thanksgiving Day?

Evan and I are now officially the proud parents of a Toddler. Chloe's birthday, November 27th, happened to fall on Thanksgiving Day this year. While I'm not sure that she fully, or even partly for that matter, understood the significance of the cake, candle, singing, and presents, she enjoyed them all the same. The best moment for me was when we finished singing "Happy Birthday" and I brought her mini pumpkin pie up close so she could blow out her candle. When her soft, unintentional breath made the candle flicker she was so surprised and delighted. Aside from the ribbons on her present from Aunt Sarah (yes... it was the ribbons, not the gift, that received the most attention), I think blowing out the candle was her favorite activity of the day.

Here are some pics of Chloe on her special day...

I'm not sure who enjoyed eating the pumpkin pie more, Chloe or Mama?

Oh how she loved the ribbon!

These are adorable! She now eats off her "Big Girl" plates.

Hhmmm.... Delicious!

1 comment:

Aa, A, K & M said...

it's quite a bit belated...but happy birthday, chloe! i was around a 7 month old and a 5 month old yesterday and it really hit me that our babies aren't really babies anymore!! hope you enjoyed the holidays and the birthday celebration for your cute girl!