Sunday, March 30, 2008

You did what???

Yes, I gave notice at work this past week. Late this past Monday night as Evan and I were changing Chloe and getting ready to give her her goodnight bottle, we were feeling so unsure of our decision to put her in daycare. So, we decided to ask Chloe what she preferred. As she layed there on her changing table peering up at us, we asked her "Chloe...tell us if you want to go to daycare or if you want Mommy to stay home and take care of you." And sure enough, she gave us the biggest, most beautiful smile, along with the sweetest girgle. It couldn't have been any clearer. So, after discussing all the pros and cons and checking, and re-checking my ridiculous masterpiece of a budget, Evan and I made the decision that it will be best for us all for me to take some time off from "working" to raise our daughter. Who would have ever thought that I would be a SAHM? Certainly not me. I will be working 3 days a week through the end of April, but after that we'll be painting the town red! Portland, here we come!!!

Another added benefit... since we'll only be able to afford to eat every third day those last 10 pregnancy pounds will probably come off a lot quicker!

1 comment:

Terry-Lynn said...

I think those last 10 pounds will come off quickly even if you eat every other day. Remember modeling good eating helps Chloe.