Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Chloe's first day at daycare


Today was Chloe's first day at daycare (exhale). Evan doesn't have to go back to work until Monday, but we decided to do a trial run to see if we'd hit any snags that we could correct before the big, big day. Our day went a little something like this...

Our little pumpkin woke up in a great mood this morning. Daddy gave her the first bottle of the day at 7am while Mommy picked out an extra special outfit. We carefully put her diaper bag together making sure to include all of the required items on the list we were given. By the looks of it, you would have thought we were packing for a week long vacation to the Himalayas.

Fast forward to the drop-off. As Chloe and I enter the infant room, I wasn't sure exactly what I was supposed to do so I proceeded to unpack her bag and set her up for playtime. I chatted a bit with the teacher and filled her in on all Chloe's (mommy's) preferences. It was a good thing that I did because later that morning they almost put her down for a nap with her floor blanket, rather than her crib blanket (but not to be confused with her car seat blanket). Good thing Mommy was there to save the day. I stayed for about 30 minutes and then decided it was ok to head off to work. When Evan and I arrived at the center 2 hours later to pick her up she was peacefully sleeping in her new crib.





No comments: